Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Questions


1. What is your previous computer experience?

Limited. I rarely use my laptop (or any computer for that matter) for anything other than writing documents/papers, storing photos, and the internet. I have never done any sort of digital imaging. Needless to say, I do not know very much.

2. What do you hope to get out of this class?

An understanding of various digital imaging techniques and programs.

3. What is the relationship between computers and visual studies?

As technology becomes more advanced, more and more artists turn to computers to create art. Therefore, in order to fully study and understand art, people have to study art done on computers as well.

4. What is your experience with Photoshop and Illustrator?

Almost none.

5. Do you have a computer at home? If so, does it have Photoshop or Illustrator?

I have a laptop, and it does not have Photoshop or Illustrator.

6. Do you use a Mac or PC?

Mac.

7. Who is your favorite artist?

There are too many to choose just one. Top 15 in no particular order: Bosch (I have "The Garden of Earthly Delights" hanging in my dorm room), Hopper, Chicago, Cezanne, Manet, Michaelangelo, Warhol, Pollock, Dali, O'keefe, Caravaggio, (Artemisia) Gentileschi, Van Gogh (obviously), DuChamp, Magritte

8. Who is your favorite musician?

Currently Josh Ramsay of Marianas Trench.

9. Something interesting about yourself?

My hobbies include Horseback riding, Gymnastics, Art (hence, art school).

10. Write a 5-line story?

Over the summer, I visited Paris for a few weeks. I stayed in an apartment in Montmarte close to the Sacre Coeur. My best friend, Mia, and I went to the top of the Notre Dame of Paris. We then visited the Musee d'Orsay as well as the Louvre, and saw Manet's "Luncheon on the Grass", one of my favorite pieces in art history. This trip made me wish I appreciated being in Italy when I was 12, because I was too young to fully understand then.

11. Post an image on the blog / Upload one image.


No comments:

Post a Comment